Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 29 Pismo Beach to Refugio State Park 76 miles(1,417 miles total)

Canada to Mexico, Day 29: 

We rode 76 miles to Refugio State Park (about 20 miles north of Santa Barbara),(1,417 miles total). The bad news is that we were on the bikes for 10 hours. The good news I that I don't even bat an eye at that anymore. 8 to 10 hours on a bike every day is how we roll! Is this normal? I don't know what normal is anymore. :) Summary of the day: the fact that California is such a long state, warm drinking water in the hot sun, no wonder cup (my family knows what I'm talking about), broken spokes, and no wine are bad; bike shops, no flat tires, the sun, biking past cilantro fields, being a big hit everywhere I go because of my Ben and Jerry's ice cream shirt, camping on the beach in southern California, and mini-stores at campgrounds (with beer, but no wine. Wine coolers though, which I did get. This is how desperate I've become), are good! Tailwinds are very good (as you can see by the mileage we were able to put in today)! On a side note- I'd like to wish all the bike riders who are doing the Double Day bike ride in Skagit Valley this weekend a sunshine, tailwind-filled weekend! This is a ride for ALS that we have done in the past. My co-worker and friend, Patty Kindsvater, and her husband are doing it this year. Happy pedaling!




No comments:

Post a Comment