Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 27 120 miles(1,131 miles total)


Canada to Mexico,  Day 27: 

Yesterday, we didn't have service at our campsite and I was unable to post, so I am combining yesterday and today's ride on this update. Yesterday we rode 54 miles to Lucia. Today, we rode 66 miles to Morrow Bay (1,131 miles total). The last couple of days have been really pleasant and enjoyable! It's been sunny and the views have been incredible! We even survived the infamous Big Sur hills! The bad news is that I wasn't able to be with my dad on his birthday yesterday :(. The good news is that doing this bike ride for ALS and documenting our journey is the best gift I believe I can give him. Summary of the days: missing my dad's birthday is bad; fundraising for ALS research and a cure is priceless! If you, too, want to give a gift to our family and our quest to find a cure for ALS, then click on our ride site and donate from there. As always, thanks so much for your support!

Riley age 5

 Riley at the same beach age 15





No comments:

Post a Comment