Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 26 Santa Cruz to Carmel 46 miles(1,191 total)


Canada to Mexico, Day 26: 


We rode 46 miles to Carmel (1,191 miles total). The bad news is that I haven't brushed my teeth or washed my face for two days. I am always so diligent about doing these things at least twice a day. I also haven't worn my retainer for two days. My family knows that I NEVER go a night without my retainer. I just haven't had the energy to dig those things out of my bag and walk to the campsite restroom to take care of it. I smell, my clothes are filthy, my face is unwashed, my teeth arent brushed, I haven't worn my retainer, I now have a unibrow, and I eat lunch alongside the road- who have I become? I don't recognize myself! :) The good news is that my parents treated us to a hotel tonight (with a laundry mat right next door)! What a wonderful and much appreciated treat! Thank you so much Mom and Dad! Now I can wash my face, brush my teeth, wash my clothes, and wear my retainer tonight! I will be back to myself by morning (well, almost back to myself. I'm not sure I'll ever be back to myself)! Oh, and the hotel was just right off Highway 1. How awesome is that? Summary of the day: yesterday (oh yeah- yesterday has been erased from my memory) is very bad; the sun, a pretty flat terrain, strawberry fields and the smell of strawberries (and I'm not even a big strawberry fan, but they just smelled really good today), a clean face, brushed teeth, a soon-to-be worn retainer, laundry mats, a palm tree sighting, Starbucks' caramel frappucinos, riding bikes on a bike path along a sandy beach, and wine and pizza (after I'm done doing laundry) are good. Generous and wonderful parents are very good! Thanks Mom and Dad! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment